Deploy your own GoodDapp UI
This is a step-by-step guide to deploy your own instance of the GoodDapp to interact with the V2 smart contracts on Mainnet.
GoodDollar currently is not running its own frontend — making the system more decentralized and censorship-resistant.
Besides choosing to interact with the GoodDollar contract with Etherscan as facilitated in the previous User Guides, users can also choose to deploy their own Gooddollar Protocol V2 User Interface (UI) by forking the ProtocolUI code from the Open-Sourced GoodDollar Github repository in the case they can't make use of any Community Deployed front-end.
This tutorial will show you how to deploy it using Netlify, but you can use Vercel, Heroku, or other services.
- 2.Clone it locally and install the dependencies by running the command 'yarn' on your terminal.
- 3.Run the 'yarn start' command in your terminal in order to run it locally on your machine.
- 4.Make any changes relevant for you and push them to your repository on Github.
- 7.Select Github:
- 8.Choose the <your_github_username>/GoodProtocolUI
- 9.Click on Show advanced button:
- 10.Add a new variable with this key-value pair:
- 11.Deploy your site:
- 12.It will take a few minutes, you could see the progress here:
- 13.After it's finished your site is basically on air and is accessible through the address shown at the top of the page, you could connect your own domain by clicking here:
- 14.Every change you will make and push to your 'master' branch on your forked repo will automatically be deployed to your website.